News and Announcements
Department of Social Services Notice
The Carroll County Department of Social Services will be closed to the public until further notice.
To report a CPS or APS issue during working hours please call, CPS 276-730-3130 or APS 276-730-3130. For after-hours concerns please contact the hotlines: for CPS is 1-800-552-7096 and for APS is 1-888-832-3858. You may apply for benefits online at https://commonhelp.virginia.gov, by phone 1-855-635-4370, or for Medical Assistance only at 1-855-242-8282 (TDD: 1-888-221-1590), you may also use the agency drop box to submit paperwork. Should you need a replacement EBT card, you may call 1-866-281-2448. You can also reach your benefit worker at 276-730-3130.
The Small Business Administration will begin accepting new Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and EIDL Advance applications on a limited basis only, in order to provide unprecedented relief to U.S. agricultural businesses.
The application is available at: www.SBA.gov/Disaster.
• The SBA hopes to open the portal at approximately 12:00 p.m. on Monday, May 4th.
• At this time, only agricultural business applications will be accepted due to limitations in funding availability and the unprecedented submission of applications already received.
• Agriculture businesses is defined as those businesses engaged in the production of food and fiber, ranching, and raising of livestock, aquaculture, and all other farming and agricultural related industries (as defined by section 18(b) of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 647(b)).
• In addition, SBA has resumed processing EIDL applications that were submitted before the portal stopped accepting new applications on April 15 and will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
• For agricultural businesses that submitted an EIDL application through the streamlined application portal prior to the legislative change, SBA will process these applications without the need for re-applying.